- Govt., EC and Federal Alliance discuss on easing legal complexity
- DIG Silwal under police control for inquiry
- Two years after Gorkha quake, 172 of 372 quake-damaged health institutions yet to built
- Local polls catapult women to leadership rung, says Jha
- Merger Of Madhesi Parties: End Of Doctrine Of Madhesbad?
Observing silence for global cause for past 16 years
Beni (Myagdi), Jan 13: Ramananda Saraswoti, 51, a resident of Janakpur but now residing in Myagdi, has been continuously observing silence wishing for global peace since 2000.
He informed in his writing that he started observing silence being fed-up of seeing the routine life of people afflicted by non-peace, enmity, poverty and violence in the world.
He vowed not to consume any food grains and keep on his silence till there is no peace in the world.
Daily number of people from different districts including Baglung, Parbat, Kaski and Kathmandu come to visit him here after knowing his peculiar style of observing fasting and silence for the global cause. RSS
Ranju Kumari Jha (Thakur) is chairperson of the Women, Elderly Citizens and Social Welfare Committee of the Legislature-Parliament. Born in 2023 BS in Rajbiraj, CPN-UML lawmaker Jha plunged into student politics in 2045 BS, and became a member of the All Nepal National Free Students Union. She got elected...