- 41 power thieves fined in Dang
- Airlifted to Kathmandu in wee hours, protesting Dr KC under medical care at TU Hospital
- Wildfire that engulfed hundreds of hectares of Parbat forests goes out of control
- 33 years of construction, 43 kilometers Doti road struggling for completion
- NBSM seals off three petrol stations in Bara
Observing silence for global cause for past 16 years
Beni (Myagdi), Jan 13: Ramananda Saraswoti, 51, a resident of Janakpur but now residing in Myagdi, has been continuously observing silence wishing for global peace since 2000.
He informed in his writing that he started observing silence being fed-up of seeing the routine life of people afflicted by non-peace, enmity, poverty and violence in the world.
He vowed not to consume any food grains and keep on his silence till there is no peace in the world.
Daily number of people from different districts including Baglung, Parbat, Kaski and Kathmandu come to visit him here after knowing his peculiar style of observing fasting and silence for the global cause. RSS
Youth leader Shankar Pokharel happened to contest the elections to the provincial parliament of Province-5 last year. His decision generated national...