- Govt., EC and Federal Alliance discuss on easing legal complexity
- DIG Silwal under police control for inquiry
- Two years after Gorkha quake, 172 of 372 quake-damaged health institutions yet to built
- Local polls catapult women to leadership rung, says Jha
- Merger Of Madhesi Parties: End Of Doctrine Of Madhesbad?
Snowfall disrupts telephone service in northern Jajarkot
Jajarkot, Jan 20: Telephone service has been disrupted in the northern part of Jajarkot district from Tuesday following snowfall.
The service was disrupted at Ramidanda, Nayakbada, Rokayagaun, Paik, Daha, Majkot, Garkhakot, Kortang, among other VDCs due to disruption of solar power to the Sky phone tower installed at Ratankot.
Locals said that they have also been experiencing chilling cold. Similarly, rainfall has been taking place at lower altitude areas of the district. Locals, however, have been elated due to the rainfall as it benefits the crop, said Dil Bahadur Shahi of Gorkhakot.
Ranju Kumari Jha (Thakur) is chairperson of the Women, Elderly Citizens and Social Welfare Committee of the Legislature-Parliament. Born in 2023 BS in Rajbiraj, CPN-UML lawmaker Jha plunged into student politics in 2045 BS, and became a member of the All Nepal National Free Students Union. She got elected...