- Photo Gallery: some glimpses of celebration of Holi, the festival of colour, in Kathmandu-
- IGP Khanal leaves for Thailand to participle in BIMSTEC meet
- French honorary distinction conferred on Pande
- UK’s May prepares to ask EU for short Brexit delay
- Foreign aid begins flowing to cyclone-hit southern Africa
Snowfall disrupts telephone service in northern Jajarkot
Jajarkot, Jan 20: Telephone service has been disrupted in the northern part of Jajarkot district from Tuesday following snowfall.
The service was disrupted at Ramidanda, Nayakbada, Rokayagaun, Paik, Daha, Majkot, Garkhakot, Kortang, among other VDCs due to disruption of solar power to the Sky phone tower installed at Ratankot.
Locals said that they have also been experiencing chilling cold. Similarly, rainfall has been taking place at lower altitude areas of the district. Locals, however, have been elated due to the rainfall as it benefits the crop, said Dil Bahadur Shahi of Gorkhakot.
By Amarendra Yadav Kathmandu, Jan. 20: Foreign Affairs Minister Pradeep Kumar Gyawali said on Saturday that a high level participation of Nepal in the...