- Govt., EC and Federal Alliance discuss on easing legal complexity
- DIG Silwal under police control for inquiry
- Two years after Gorkha quake, 172 of 372 quake-damaged health institutions yet to built
- Local polls catapult women to leadership rung, says Jha
- Merger Of Madhesi Parties: End Of Doctrine Of Madhesbad?
Team formed to bring situation to normalcy in Rangeli
Biratnagar, Jan 23: An all-side meeting held on Friday to review the incident occurred at Rangeli in Morang district has formed a talks and facilitation team to help maintain social goodwill.
The meeting conducted at the District Administration Office, Morang, formed the team under the leadership of lawmaker Shiva Kumar Mandal.
Chief District Officer Yekdev Adhikari said that the panel would remain effortful to bring the situation back to normalcy by establishing contacts with the victims.
Three persons had died in Rangeli on Thursday after the clashes between the agitators and police turned violent.
Likewise, the team led by lawmaker Mandal comprising representatives of different political parties, Assistant Chief District Officer Toyam Raya and Deputy Superintendent of Police Pramod Kharel reached Rangeli on Friday and met with the victims. RSS
Ranju Kumari Jha (Thakur) is chairperson of the Women, Elderly Citizens and Social Welfare Committee of the Legislature-Parliament. Born in 2023 BS in Rajbiraj, CPN-UML lawmaker Jha plunged into student politics in 2045 BS, and became a member of the All Nepal National Free Students Union. She got elected...