- Rapist gets life imprisonment
- Province- 2 CM Raut seeking vote of confidence in provincial parliament today
- Indian national killed in bus mishap
- PM pledges to develop Indradaha into tourist spot Highlights Kalu Pandey’s contribution to nation building
- Notorious gangster Pun killed in police encounter
Two decades still inadequate for road construction !
Ilam, Jan 7: A track of road linking Damak of Jhapa with Rabibazaar of Panchthar is still in limbo. It is even difficult for the general public to walk through the trail excavated along the Ratuwa rivulet bank.
With such snail pace progress, operating vehicular service on the raw road is a far cry, said locals.
Though the road construction began 20 years back after final survey, the status of Damak-Rabi road is still the same. Even the track construction is not complete to this date.
The road linking Damak of Jhapa to mountainous districts via Rabibazaar of Panchthar had started in 1994 following the technical survey.
According to the government plan, the construction of 47-kilometre road from Damak of Jhapa to Rabi of Panchthar started in 1984.
Around 100 million has been so far spent for the construction of road, said Engineer of Road Division Office, Damak, Shambhu Acharya. RSS