- About 3,000 Palestinians participate in protest along Israel-Gaza border
- Trump calls DPRK's nuke test suspension "very good news"
- Minister Tamang sees no prosperity without youths' contribution
- Foreign Minister Gyawali back home from China, outlines five priority areas under BRI
- Speaker Mahara launches book on agricultural economy of Nepal
Two decades still inadequate for road construction !
Ilam, Jan 7: A track of road linking Damak of Jhapa with Rabibazaar of Panchthar is still in limbo. It is even difficult for the general public to walk through the trail excavated along the Ratuwa rivulet bank.
With such snail pace progress, operating vehicular service on the raw road is a far cry, said locals.
Though the road construction began 20 years back after final survey, the status of Damak-Rabi road is still the same. Even the track construction is not complete to this date.
The road linking Damak of Jhapa to mountainous districts via Rabibazaar of Panchthar had started in 1994 following the technical survey.
According to the government plan, the construction of 47-kilometre road from Damak of Jhapa to Rabi of Panchthar started in 1984.
Around 100 million has been so far spent for the construction of road, said Engineer of Road Division Office, Damak, Shambhu Acharya. RSS
Nepal is a country that produces some of the finest tea in the world. Its share in the international market is gradually increasing – from a nascent...