- NC leader Regmi passes away
- 41 power thieves fined in Dang
- Airlifted to Kathmandu in wee hours, protesting Dr KC under medical care at TU Hospital
- Wildfire that engulfed hundreds of hectares of Parbat forests goes out of control
- 33 years of construction, 43 kilometers Doti road struggling for completion
UN secretary general pays tribute to Koirala
Kathmandu, Feb 10: The United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has expressed sorrow over the demise of Nepali Congress President and Former Prime Minister Sushil Koirala.
A condolence message issued on behalf the UN Secretary-General by his spokesman states that Ban was saddened by the passing of Koirala, a widely respected political leader who guided Nepal through its complex transition and constitutional process.
The statement reads - Koirala worked tirelessly to unify people and bring parties together in a spirit of compromise; he greatly contributed towards Nepal's democratization and peace process.
The Secretary-General extends his condolences to the Koirala family and the people of Nepal, it is stated.
Youth leader Shankar Pokharel happened to contest the elections to the provincial parliament of Province-5 last year. His decision generated national...