- Peace cannot be conceived of by keeping the people in poverty: Chairman Prachanda
- Kim agrees to additional denuclearization steps in summit with Moon
- 16,663 Afghan refugees return home within week: UN agency
- Prosperous province and country, our responsibility-CM Shahi
- Korean Company selected for DPR for Fast-Track
UN secretary general pays tribute to Koirala
Kathmandu, Feb 10: The United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has expressed sorrow over the demise of Nepali Congress President and Former Prime Minister Sushil Koirala.
A condolence message issued on behalf the UN Secretary-General by his spokesman states that Ban was saddened by the passing of Koirala, a widely respected political leader who guided Nepal through its complex transition and constitutional process.
The statement reads - Koirala worked tirelessly to unify people and bring parties together in a spirit of compromise; he greatly contributed towards Nepal's democratization and peace process.
The Secretary-General extends his condolences to the Koirala family and the people of Nepal, it is stated.
Nepal is holding the fourth Summit of BIMSTEC next week. The regional body is expected to discuss various issues pertaining to connectivity, investment,...