- Australian deputy PM Joyce resigns over sexual harassment allegations
- China's UN envoy urges to solve Syria crisis through political settlement
- Warm smiles, cold comfort from N. Korea's Olympic 'army of beauties'
- Man attacks mother to death, sister severely injured
- EU Ambassador lays foundation stone for Panauti Municipality Learning Centre
Physically challenged students given educational materials
Damauli, Feb 12: The Tanahun-Hong Kong Society has distributed educational materials to the physically challenged students of 10 different schools in Tanahun district.
Chairman of Society Bhimraj Gurung handed over the materials to the schools concerned amid an event here on Thursday.
Materials worth Rs 50,000 were given to the differently-abled students of Jaldevi, Siddhabeni, Janasewa, Shukla, Bedvyas and Mahendra Higher Secondary School and others, according to programme coordinator of the society, Pradip Kafle.
Established in 2013, the Society has established two different revolving funds of Rs 1 million to support the physically-challenged students in the district and to spend the amount for the social cause.
The Society had also provided corrugated roofing sheets and other relief materials worth Rs 950,000 to altogether 24 earthquake-hit schools in Tanahun, Kafle added RSS