- 41 power thieves fined in Dang
- Airlifted to Kathmandu in wee hours, protesting Dr KC under medical care at TU Hospital
- Wildfire that engulfed hundreds of hectares of Parbat forests goes out of control
- 33 years of construction, 43 kilometers Doti road struggling for completion
- NBSM seals off three petrol stations in Bara
‘Govt committed to hold local bodies’ elections’
Hetauda, Feb 14: Assistant Minister for Federal Affairs and Local Development Biraj Bista has said that the government was committed to conducting local bodies’ elections to ensure links between the government and people.
At a programme in Ipapanchakanya VDC of Makawanpur district on Saturday, Assistant Minister Bista also said that the District Development Committee (DDC) should select the plans considering the geographical location of the district and benefits of the local.
On the occasion, Assistant Minister Bista distributed warm clothes, blankets and sweaters to a total of 250 quake affected persons in Ipapanchakanya VDC supported from social workers Keshab Adhikari and Ganesh Regmi of the capital city.
Likewise, Bista welcomed nearly 100 cadres of different political parties into the Rastriya Prajatantra Party-Nepal. RSS
Youth leader Shankar Pokharel happened to contest the elections to the provincial parliament of Province-5 last year. His decision generated national...