- Govt., EC and Federal Alliance discuss on easing legal complexity
- DIG Silwal under police control for inquiry
- Two years after Gorkha quake, 172 of 372 quake-damaged health institutions yet to built
- Local polls catapult women to leadership rung, says Jha
- Merger Of Madhesi Parties: End Of Doctrine Of Madhesbad?
Three of a family fallen sick after consuming intoxicative substance
Surunga (Jhapa), Feb 19: Three members of a family have fallen seriously sick while consuming intoxicative substance, Dhaturo, in Chandragadhi of Jhapa on Thursday.
According to the Jhapa District Police Office, the injured are 17-year-old Saraswoti Mukhiya, 15-year-old Arati Mukhiya, and 15-year-old Anil Mukhiya. The injured are the daughters and a son of Radha Mukhiya of Chandragadhi-15.
DSP at Jhapa District Police Bhim Bahadur Dahal informed that the three have fallen sick while consuming the seeds of Dhaturo unknowingly kept in the vegetable item of their meal.
The intoxicative flowery substance was used in vegetable as a species unknowingly, police confirmed.
The seriously ill are undergoing treatment at the Mechi Zonal Hospital in Bhadrapur, police informed. RSS
Ranju Kumari Jha (Thakur) is chairperson of the Women, Elderly Citizens and Social Welfare Committee of the Legislature-Parliament. Born in 2023 BS in Rajbiraj, CPN-UML lawmaker Jha plunged into student politics in 2045 BS, and became a member of the All Nepal National Free Students Union. She got elected...