- Australian deputy PM Joyce resigns over sexual harassment allegations
- China's UN envoy urges to solve Syria crisis through political settlement
- Warm smiles, cold comfort from N. Korea's Olympic 'army of beauties'
- Man attacks mother to death, sister severely injured
- EU Ambassador lays foundation stone for Panauti Municipality Learning Centre
Panchthar, Feb 22: Police have arrested two youths for cheating people out of money using Ncell SIM cards.
Those arrested in this connection are Prakash Dahal of Gauradaha-9, Jhapa district and Meghnath Giri of Pathari-9, Morang district.
They were arrested from Kathmandu on February 16 on the charge of defrauding people of money sending SMS through the application programme using Ncell SIM card. The two were brought to Panchthar from Kathjmandu on February 18.
The District Police Office, Panchthar said that the two men had cheated Naranath Sunuwar of Chhatedhunga-6, Terhathum district of 16 thousand rupees and Prem Tamang of Phidim-1 of 23 thousand rupees.
Police said investigation shows that the two men had defrauded different people of money between 16 thousand to 36 thousand rupees per head, sending them false SMS from mobile phone saying that they have been provided bonus of 100 thousand to 300 thousand rupees by Ncell, the telephone service provider company, and that they were to make payment in lieu of tax for the 'bonus' that they received.
They had cheated 10 persons from Jhapa, Morang, Ilam, Pokhara and Syangja in this way, it is stated. However, the main mastermind of this gang of cheaters, Sumit Sharma of Rajstan, India is at large, and a search is on to nab him, police said. RSS