- Australian deputy PM Joyce resigns over sexual harassment allegations
- China's UN envoy urges to solve Syria crisis through political settlement
- Warm smiles, cold comfort from N. Korea's Olympic 'army of beauties'
- Man attacks mother to death, sister severely injured
- EU Ambassador lays foundation stone for Panauti Municipality Learning Centre
Strong corruption prevention campaign a must
Baitadi, March 3: Chief of Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority (CIAA)'s Far-Western Regional Office Rabindra Prasad Sharma said that the campaign and action against corruption would be taken ahead in a stringent manner.
He said this at an interaction programme organized here on Wednesday on 'Role of CIAA in preventing corruption'.
Corruption is propping up on the involvement of much aware and educated people, he said, noting, "The CIIA has stepped up its campaign in making public aware to stand against graft in society".
Many speakers on the occasion stressed that the bid to prevent corruption should start from political sphere.
The scope of CIAA is limited in the prevention of corruption and the government agencies are apathetic to curb graft in the country, they said while underlining the need of activism on part of justice sector, media sector and public sphere in the making of corruption free society. RSS