- Body of a woman, probably murdered, recovered in Sarlahi
- Motorable bridge underconstruction at Dana, Annapurna Rural Municipality-3, swept away
- Individual grabs community school's land at Siddharthanagar Municipality-3
- Conflict issues remain as pain of nation: leader Khanal
- Disaster preparedness and response initiative concludes
NC President-elect Deuba says party to lead constitution implementation
Kathmandu, March 10: Newly elected President of the Nepali Congress and former Prime Minister Sher Bahadur Deuba has said that his party would complete the responsibility of implementing the constitution as it was promulgated in his party's leadership.
In a congratulatory programme organized by the Nepal Students Union (NSU), a sister wing of the party, on his election to the post at his residence at Budhanilkantha today, leader Deuba added that his party would play positive role to solve the Tarai issues and province delineation issues as well.
He further said that he would initiate to call party's sister wings' convention as they were stalled for long.
Similarly, NSU chair Ranjit Karna urged party president Deuba to take initiation for holding NSU convention and the free students union's election at different university.
The Media Council Bill that the government has registered in the National Assembly has been dragged into controversy. Media workers have also been divided...