- Govt., EC and Federal Alliance discuss on easing legal complexity
- DIG Silwal under police control for inquiry
- Two years after Gorkha quake, 172 of 372 quake-damaged health institutions yet to built
- Local polls catapult women to leadership rung, says Jha
- Merger Of Madhesi Parties: End Of Doctrine Of Madhesbad?
NC President-elect Deuba says party to lead constitution implementation
Kathmandu, March 10: Newly elected President of the Nepali Congress and former Prime Minister Sher Bahadur Deuba has said that his party would complete the responsibility of implementing the constitution as it was promulgated in his party's leadership.
In a congratulatory programme organized by the Nepal Students Union (NSU), a sister wing of the party, on his election to the post at his residence at Budhanilkantha today, leader Deuba added that his party would play positive role to solve the Tarai issues and province delineation issues as well.
He further said that he would initiate to call party's sister wings' convention as they were stalled for long.
Similarly, NSU chair Ranjit Karna urged party president Deuba to take initiation for holding NSU convention and the free students union's election at different university.
Ranju Kumari Jha (Thakur) is chairperson of the Women, Elderly Citizens and Social Welfare Committee of the Legislature-Parliament. Born in 2023 BS in Rajbiraj, CPN-UML lawmaker Jha plunged into student politics in 2045 BS, and became a member of the All Nepal National Free Students Union. She got elected...