- Body of a woman, probably murdered, recovered in Sarlahi
- Motorable bridge underconstruction at Dana, Annapurna Rural Municipality-3, swept away
- Individual grabs community school's land at Siddharthanagar Municipality-3
- Conflict issues remain as pain of nation: leader Khanal
- Disaster preparedness and response initiative concludes
Locals press for completing DPR of Nalgadh hydel project
Jajarkot, March 15: The local residents of Jajarkot district have asked the stakeholders to complete the Detailed Project Report (DPR) of the Nalgadh hydropower project saying that the part of hydropower project construction is delayed for long on different pretexts.
The Nalgadh Concerns Committee, Jajarkot, has urged to complete the DPR along with the investigations into the alleged corruption scam. The committee has also claimed that conspiracies were afoot to push the project back.
Chairman of the committee, Ganesh Singh, has said that the folks of Jajarkot would stage agitations if the construction of the project as delayed.
Earlier, the locals have also submitted a memorandum to Home Minister Shakti Bahadur Basnet to move the tasks of construction ahead. RSS
The Media Council Bill that the government has registered in the National Assembly has been dragged into controversy. Media workers have also been divided...