- Australian deputy PM Joyce resigns over sexual harassment allegations
- China's UN envoy urges to solve Syria crisis through political settlement
- Warm smiles, cold comfort from N. Korea's Olympic 'army of beauties'
- Man attacks mother to death, sister severely injured
- EU Ambassador lays foundation stone for Panauti Municipality Learning Centre
Road disruption puts locals in trouble
Taplejung, March 18: The disruption of Suketar-Thiwa road section along the Olangchungala highway for the past five days has put locals in trouble.
People are forced to travel on foot after the disruption of vehicular movement on the road for the construction of a bridge over the Yafre rivulet along the highway. It has also troubled locals to supply daily essential goods.
Normally it takes around four hours to reach Thiwa from Taplejung headquarters in a vehicle. But it takes an entire day to walk through the distance.
There is no certain how long it will require to complete the construction of the bridge over the rivulet, locals said. It was started on March 15. RSS