- 41 power thieves fined in Dang
- Airlifted to Kathmandu in wee hours, protesting Dr KC under medical care at TU Hospital
- Wildfire that engulfed hundreds of hectares of Parbat forests goes out of control
- 33 years of construction, 43 kilometers Doti road struggling for completion
- NBSM seals off three petrol stations in Bara
Road disruption puts locals in trouble
Taplejung, March 18: The disruption of Suketar-Thiwa road section along the Olangchungala highway for the past five days has put locals in trouble.
People are forced to travel on foot after the disruption of vehicular movement on the road for the construction of a bridge over the Yafre rivulet along the highway. It has also troubled locals to supply daily essential goods.
Normally it takes around four hours to reach Thiwa from Taplejung headquarters in a vehicle. But it takes an entire day to walk through the distance.
There is no certain how long it will require to complete the construction of the bridge over the rivulet, locals said. It was started on March 15. RSS
Youth leader Shankar Pokharel happened to contest the elections to the provincial parliament of Province-5 last year. His decision generated national...